Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Life, the Universe & Everything

42.


That's the ultimate answer, everyone knows this but debate still rages about the question. OK, so I wasn't sitting in a Cafe in Rickmansworth, but on Satuday morning at about 11.30am I had an epiphany. I now know what the question actually is!

What speed in mph will you be travelling if your brand new Kawasaki Z750 is in top gear and showing 3000rpm maximum as recommended by your dealer?

There you go, told you I knew the answer. 42mph.

Everywhere.

Including dual carriageways.

For 50 bloody miles!

I had a caravan-towing Honda getting impatient behind me. I was overtaken by a codger in a Mark I Rover 200. I got stared at by hoards of scooter riders as they buzzed past. I just wanted to disappear but that's just plain impossible when you're riding a motorbike that resembles the bastard lovechild of a preying mantis and David Dickinson ("Oh David, he's got your complexion but his mothers eyes! He's a real Bobby Dazzler")

In case there are readers out there who have no idea what i'm talking about I would first draw your attention here (which should clear up why sitting in a North London Cafe is vitaly important to understanding the nature of the universe) then remind you that I picked up my new toy Saturday morning.

Safe to say the first fifty miles were dispatched as quickly as possible and i've now started building the revs up to the 6000rpm max before the first service at 600 miles.

Current revs: 4500rpm
Current top speed: 65mph
Current miles: 236

3 Comments:

Anonymous Mad said...

Woohoo! Congrats on getting your Zed Sparx.

What a huge bummer running in is, all that power and not allowed to use it....

Oh and we need pics!!!

1:36 pm, June 27, 2006  
Blogger sparx said...

Bummer ain't the word. It is so f#@$!^g frustrating. And don't worry, pics will be following as soon as the sun comes out.

1:57 pm, June 27, 2006  
Anonymous R1 rider said...

oh yeah, running in. was reading this on SuperbikeForum the other day. Someone has just got a ZX10R, and is thrashing the shit outta it. He took it to Santa Pod the other, with pics to prove, but anyway, i'm gibbering.
check out this site re running in
http://mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

8:22 pm, June 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home